Jaidhari, Western Jumna Canal, Haryana, India
Location N 30°15’09.3”
Span 61m (200 feet)
Width 2.4m (8 feet)
Manufactured by Harpers Limited, Aberdeen, UK
Erected 1898, Turner, Hoare and Co, Bombay
Evidence that this was a Harper bridge: definite
Aberdeen Art Gallery & Museums Collection
This was originally over the Western Jumna Canal near its take off from the Jumna River east of Chhachhrauli, Haryana, India. However, in 1942 the canal was widened and the suspension bridge replaced by a five arch concrete road bridge. In its day the suspension bridge would have been an impressive 61m (200 feet) and 1.8m (6 feet) or 2.4m (8 feet) wide.
The bridge is at the Canal Works, Just below where the West Jumna Canal takes its origin from the R. Jumna.
Jaidhari bridge today